Monday, December 7, 2009

Skeleton Creek Series

I feel bad I haven’t written anything new in a while. I’ve been reading a lot. I found out about a very good series of books called Skeleton Creek. Just like the title suggests, it is a very creepy series of books, so kids under the age of somewhere around ten should not read further. The author of the fifth 39 Clues book, Patrick Carman, writes Skeleton Creek. It is about these two friends named Ryan and Sarah, who discover that there is something sinister about the past of their hometown, Skeleton Creek. Ryan writes down everything he encounters in a journal, while Sarah videotapes everything she finds and posts it online at www.sarahfincher.com, but the only way to access the tapes is by receiving the passwords in the book. The book is actually a copy of Ryan’s journal, so everything is in his point of view. Sarah sends him the password to watch the video and Ryan writes them down in his journal. I highly recommend only people in middle school should watch these videos. There are parts that could be very scary to younger kids. Please keep this in mind. I am giving you a clear warning. Do not watch the videos if you are not in middle school. I haven’t even finished the first book, but I’m already hooked on the series. A congratulation to author Patrick Carmen, who writes amazing books. That’s all for now. Have a good time with the series.

No comments: